ৱিকিপিডিয়া:ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰা (বিবিধ)
| ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰা (বিবিধ) This box:|
|ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰা: নীতি • ৱিকিমিস্ত্ৰীৰ দোকান • প্ৰস্তাৱসমূহ (সততে উত্থাপিত প্ৰস্তাৱসমূহ) • উদ্ভাৱনশালা • বিবিধ|
|সূচী • প্ৰথম আলোচনা • পৃষ্ঠাৰ শেষলৈ যাওক • নতুন মন্তব্য আৰম্ভ কৰক|
|এই বিবিধ শিতান/বিভাগত ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰাৰ অন্য শিতানত খাপ নোখোৱা আলোচনাৰ বাবে ব্যৱহাৰ কৰিব পাৰে। সাধাৰণ জ্ঞানৰ প্ৰশ্নৰ বাবে reference desk ব্যৱহাৰ কৰক।|
|অনুগ্ৰহ কৰি নতুন বিষয়/আলোচনা যোগ কৰিবলৈ এই পৃষ্ঠাৰ শেষলৈ যাওক।|
|আৰ্কাইভ • আলোচনা • সম্পাদনা • ইতিহাস • প্ৰদৰ্শন|
- 1 Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?
- 2 Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014
- 4 ऐए अथवा अइ नदी (असमिया भाषा: এই নদী
- 5 Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments
- 7 Changes to the default site typography coming soon
Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
I apologize for this message being only in English. Please translate it if needed to help your community.
The Wikimedia Foundation's multimedia team seeks community guidance on a proposal to support the MP4 video format. This digital video standard is used widely around the world to record, edit and watch videos on mobile phones, desktop computers and home video devices. It is also known as H.264/MPEG-4 or AVC.
Supporting the MP4 format would make it much easier for our users to view and contribute video on Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects -- and video files could be offered in dual formats on our sites, so we could continue to support current open formats (WebM and Ogg Theora).
However, MP4 is a patent-encumbered format, and using a proprietary format would be a departure from our current practice of only supporting open formats on our sites -- even though the licenses appear to have acceptable legal terms, with only a small fee required.
We would appreciate your guidance on whether or not to support MP4. Our Request for Comments presents views both in favor and against MP4 support, based on opinions we’ve heard in our discussions with community and team members.
All users are welcome to participate, whether you are active on Commons, Wikipedia, other Wikimedia project -- or any site that uses content from our free media repository.
You are also welcome to join tomorrow's Office hours chat on IRC, this Thursday, January 16, at 19:00 UTC, if you would like to discuss this project with our team and other community members.
Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
On January 21 2014 the MediaWiki extension Universal Language Selector (ULS) was disabled on this wiki. A new preference was added for logged-in users to turn on ULS. This was done to prevent slow loading of pages due to ULS webfonts, a behaviour that had been observed by the Wikimedia Technical Operations team on some wikis.
We are now ready to enable ULS again. The temporary preference to enable ULS will be removed. A new checkbox has been added to the Language Panel to enable/disable font delivery. This will be unchecked by default for this wiki, but can be selected at any time by the users to enable webfonts. This is an interim solution while we improve the feature of webfonts delivery.
ऐए अथवा अइ नदी (असमिया भाषा: এই নদী[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Sorry for using English language. Just we created a page for Aie river on Marathi language wikipedia at mr:ऐए नदी. We could not get much information of this river on internet.
Please do guide us
- What is correct writing of Aie river in (Devnagari/Hindi/Marathi/Nepali script) whether ऐए is more correct or अइ is more correct ?
- Whether এই নদী is correct writing for অসমীয়া ভাষা Assamese language ?
- Please provide us a link if you have an article on your wikipedia for this river
- How it is written in Bhutan languages
- Would like to know about specific place of begining or mouth of the river and names of places on banks of this river.
You can also reply us at mr:चर्चा:ऐए नदी .
Thanks and Regards
- From Marathi language wikipedia
- Whether word আই is from Assamese language itself ?
- Does that word have any specific meaning in Assamese. Like আই in hindi means a woman answers "I am coming" In Marathi with Dorgho ई meaning of आई is mother Or any other etymology for word আই
Thanks and regards
@ সদস্য:Gitartha.bordoloi It is very nice of you. I have included the info in Marathi Wikipedia article accordingly. As far as i know word আই in Assamese and आई Marathi as mother is not used in Sanskrit and Hindi so there is some thing more in language sharing across such a long distance and it is for linguists to find out more. Any way thanks for sharing this information. Will be waiting for ansewrs for rest of the questions from fellow Assamese language wikipedias.
Thanks and Warm Regards
Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.
Do you have an idea for a project that could improve your community? Individual Engagement Grants from the Wikimedia Foundation help support individuals and small teams to organize experiments for 6 months. You can get funding to try out your idea for online community organizing, outreach, tool-building, or research to help make অসমীয়া ৱিকিপিডিয়া better. In March, we’re looking for new project proposals.
Examples of past Individual Engagement Grant projects:
- Organizing social media for Chinese Wikipedia ($350 for materials)
- Improving gadgets for Visual Editor ($4500 for developers)
- Coordinating access to reliable sources for Wikipedians ($7500 for project management, consultants and materials)
- Building community and strategy for Wikisource (€10000 for organizing and travel)
Hope to have your participation,
--Siko Bouterse, Head of Individual Engagement Grants, Wikimedia Foundation 19:44, 28 ফেব্ৰুৱাৰী 2014 (UTC)
Changes to the default site typography coming soon[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
This week, the typography on Wikimedia sites will be updated for all readers and editors who use the default "Vector" skin. This change will involve new serif fonts for some headings, small tweaks to body content fonts, text size, text color, and spacing between elements. The schedule is:
- April 1st: non-Wikipedia projects will see this change live
- April 3rd: Wikipedias will see this change live
This change is very similar to the "Typography Update" Beta Feature that has been available on Wikimedia projects since November 2013. After several rounds of testing and with feedback from the community, this Beta Feature will be disabled and successful aspects enabled in the default site appearance. Users who are logged in may still choose to use another skin, or alter their personal CSS, if they prefer a different appearance. Local common CSS styles will also apply as normal, for issues with local styles and scripts that impact all users.
For more information: