ৱিকিপিডিয়া:ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰা (বিবিধ)
| ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰা (বিবিধ) This box:|
|ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰা: নীতি • ৱিকিমিস্ত্ৰীৰ দোকান • প্ৰস্তাৱসমূহ (সততে উত্থাপিত প্ৰস্তাৱসমূহ) • উদ্ভাৱনশালা • বিবিধ|
|সূচী • প্ৰথম আলোচনা • পৃষ্ঠাৰ শেষলৈ যাওক • নতুন মন্তব্য আৰম্ভ কৰক|
|এই বিবিধ শিতান/বিভাগত ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰাৰ অন্য শিতানত খাপ নোখোৱা আলোচনাৰ বাবে ব্যৱহাৰ কৰিব পাৰে। সাধাৰণ জ্ঞানৰ প্ৰশ্নৰ বাবে reference desk ব্যৱহাৰ কৰক।|
|অনুগ্ৰহ কৰি নতুন বিষয়/আলোচনা যোগ কৰিবলৈ এই পৃষ্ঠাৰ শেষলৈ যাওক।|
|আৰ্কাইভ • আলোচনা • সম্পাদনা • ইতিহাস • প্ৰদৰ্শন|
- 1 Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon!
- 2 Geographical Indications in India Edit-a-thon
- 3 2016 WMF Strategy consultation
- 4 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (December 2015)
- 5 Assamese is missing
- 6 The visual editor is coming to this wiki
- 7 Reminder: the visual editor is coming to this wiki soon
- 8 Completion suggestor
- 9 Updates to wiki search auto completion are arriving 10 March
- 10 Server switch 2016
- 11 Wikipedia to the Moon
- 12 GI edit-a-thon 2016 updates
- 13 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)
- 14 CIS-A2K Newsletter 2016 March
- 15 WikiConference India 2016 update
- 16 Apply for WikiConference India 2016 scholarships
- 17 Train-the-Trainer and MediaWiki Training: Capacity building initiatives for the Wikimedia community
- 18 IMPORTANT: Admin activity review
- 19 CIS-A2K April 2016 Newsletter
- 20 Train-the-Trainer 2016: Event details and invitation to apply
- 21 Train-the-Trainer 2016 updates
- 22 Wikipedia to the Moon: voting has begun
- 23 WikiConference India 2016 Survey
- 24 Wiki Loves Earth India 2016
- 25 WikiConference India 2016 - Call for papers/abstracts
- 26 Compact Links coming soon to this wiki
- 27 Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today
- 28 Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit
- 29 Punjab Edit-a-thon : WikiConference India 2016
- 30 ২০১৬ ভাৰত ৱিকি সন্মিলন
- 31 CIS-A2K Newsletter : May and June
- 32 Olympics Edit-a-ton
- 33 Save/Publish
- 34 Why Rio Olympics 2016 Matters for India
- 35 The visual editor will be enabled on this wiki in some days
- 36 CIS-A2K Newsletter: July 2016
- 37 Wiki Loves Monuments 2016 in India
- 38 The visual editor is now active here
- 39 RevisionSlider
Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon![সম্পাদনা কৰক]
- Please help translate to your language
A reminder - applications for scholarships for Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy, are closing soon! Please get your applications in by January 9th. To apply, visit the page below:
Geographical Indications in India Edit-a-thon[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
CIS-A2K is going to organize an edit-a-thon between 25 and 31 January this year. The aim of this edit-a-thon is creating an improving Geographical Indications in India related articles.
We welcome all of you to join this edit-a-thon.
Please see the event and add your name as a participant: meta:CIS-A2K/Events/Geographical_Indications_in_India_Edit-a-thon
2016 WMF Strategy consultation[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
- Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)
Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.
Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)
If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to email@example.com.
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (December 2015)[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for, free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Gale - multidisciplinary periodicals, newspapers, and reference sources - 10 accounts
- Brill - academic e-books and journals in English, Dutch, and other languages - 25 accounts
- Finnish Literature Society (in Finnish)
- Magiran (in Farsi) - scientific journal articles - 100 articles
- Civilica (in Farsi) - Iranian journal articles, seminars, and conferences - 50 accounts
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including EBSCO, DeGruyter, and Newspaperarchive.com. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 01:01, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
Assamese is missing[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Assamese is missing from this page:
Thank you, Varlaam (talk) 22:38, 20 January 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
The visual editor is coming to this wiki[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Hello. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
My name is Erica, and I am a Community Liaison at the Wikimedia Foundation. I'm here to let you know that the visual editor is coming to editors at this Wikipedia soon. It allows people to edit Wikipedia articles as if they were using word processing software.
You don't have to wait until the deployment to test it; you can test the visual editor right now. To turn it on, select "বিটা" in your preferences. Choose "ভিজুৱেলএডিটৰ" and click save. When it is enabled, you will press the "সম্পাদনা" button to edit an article in the new software. To use the wikitext editor, you can press "উৎস সম্পাদনা".
After the deployment, everyone will automatically have the option to use either the visual editor or the current wikitext editor. For more information about how to use the visual editor, see mw:Help:VisualEditor/User guide.
More information about preparing for the visual editor is posted here.
- It's easier to add templates if you've added TemplateData information.
- Please help translate the user interface and pages about the visual editor. See the visual editor's TranslationCentral for general information. To translate the user guide, go to the MediaWiki.org page, and select "এই পৃষ্ঠা ভাঙনি কৰক". Your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've done this, you'll see the document in English, side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or change old translations. To translate the user interface, you need to create an account at translatewiki.net. Contact me personally if you need help with that.
- Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. If you notice major issues affecting your project, please leave a note on my talk page.
Reminder: the visual editor is coming to this wiki soon[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Hello again. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
This is a reminder that the visual editor is coming to all editors at this Wikipedia soon. As of this writing, the team is not aware of any issues specific to this language that should prevent the new software to be deployed here; therefore, please do let us know if you find any problems instead. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. There is a short guide at mediawiki.org that you can follow (as if it was a "checklist") to learn about the community work necessary to adapt the visual editor, and its referencing system in particular, to your community's needs.
If you can translate from English into this wiki's language, or know anyone who can, please follow the links below; just a little effort is required to make this language progress toward translations' completion! You'll help your community get the best possible experience when it comes to interface messages and documentation related to the visual editor. After you click on any links, your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. The interface is hosted at https://translatewiki.net; you'll need an account if you never translated there before. The other pages are at Mediawiki.org, for which you can use your regular Wikipedia account. You're welcome to contact me personally whenever you need help.
Completion suggestor[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Server switch 2016[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its newest data center in Dallas. This will make sure Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to conduct a planned test. This test will show whether they can reliably switch from one data center to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic to the new data center on Tuesday, 19 April.
On Thursday, 21 April, they will switch back to the primary data center.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop during those two switches. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes on Tuesday, 19 April and Thursday, 21 April, starting at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT).
If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped.
Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be a code freeze for the week of 18 April.
No non-essential code deployments will take place.
This test was originally planned to take place on March 22. April 19th and 21st are the new dates. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org. They will post any changes on that schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 21:07, 17 april 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Wikipedia to the Moon[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Hello! Sorry that this is in English only, but we are using village pump messaging in order to reach as many language communities as possible. Wrong page? Please fix it here.
This is an invitation to all Wikipedians: Wikimedia Deutschland has been given data space to include Wikipedia content in an upcoming mission to the Moon. (No joke!) We have launched a community discussion about how to do that, because we feel that this is for the global community of editors. Please, join the discussion on Meta-Wiki (and translate this invitation to your language community)! Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 15:35, 21 april 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
GI edit-a-thon 2016 updates[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Geographical Indications in India Edit-a-thon 2016 has started, if you have not signed up still, please consider joining now.
Here are a few updates:
- More than 80 Wikipedians have joined this edit-a-thon
- More than 20 articles have been created/expanded already (this may not be the exact number, see "Ideas" section #1 below)
- Infobox geographical indication has been started on English Wikipedia. You may help to create a similar template for on your Wikipedia.
- Become GI edit-a-thon language ambassador
If you are an experienced editor, become an ambassador. Ambassadors are community representatives and they will review articles created during this edit-a-thon, and perform a few other administrative tasks.
- Translate the Meta event page
- Please report the articles you are creating or expanding here. It'll be difficult for us to count or review articles unless you report it.
- These articles may also be created or expanded:
- Geographical indication (en:Geographical indication)
- List of Geographical Indications in India (en:List of Geographical Indications in India)
- Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999 (en:Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999)
See more ideas and share your own here.
- Further updates
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Apologies for writing in English. Please help translate to your language
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for access to research materials from:
- Cambridge University Press - a major publisher of academic journals and e-books in a variety of subject areas. Access includes both Cambridge Journals Online and Cambridge Books. 25 accounts.
- Alexander Street Academic Video Online - a large academic video collection good for a wide range of subjects, including news programs (such as PBS and BBC), music and theatre, lectures and demonstrations, and documentaries. 25 accounts.
- Baylor University Press - a publisher of academic e-books primarily in religious studies and the humanities. 50 accounts.
- Future Science Group - a publisher of medical, biotechnological and scientific research. 30 accounts.
- Annual Reviews - a publisher of review articles in the biomedical sciences. 100 accounts.
- Miramar Ship Index - an index to ships and their histories since the early 19th century. 30 accounts.
- Noormags - Farsi-language aggregator of academic and professional journals and magazines. 30 accounts.
- Kotobna - Arabic-language ebook publishing platform. 20 accounts.
- Gale - aggregator of newspapers, magazines and journals. 50 accounts.
- Elsevier ScienceDirect - an academic publishing company that publishes medical and scientific literature. 100 accounts.
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Project MUSE, De Gruyter, EBSCO, Newspapers.com and British Newspaper Archive. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 20:30, 17 March 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
CIS-A2K Newsletter 2016 March[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
CIS-A2K has published their March 2016 newsletter. The edition includes details about these topics:
- CIS-A2K's work-plan for the year 2016-2017
- National-level Wikipedia Education Program review workshop conducted in Bangalore in mid-January;
- BHASHA-Indian Languages Digital Festival event and CIS-A2K's participation;
- A learning pattern describing the importance of storytelling over demonstration in a Wikipedia outreach;
WikiConference India 2016 update[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Apply for WikiConference India 2016 scholarships[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Train-the-Trainer and MediaWiki Training: Capacity building initiatives for the Wikimedia community[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Like the previous years  CIS-A2K is planning for a capacity building activity for the Indic-language Wikimedia communities this year. This 3-4 day event, that is planned to be organized in Bengaluru, will include several parallel training sessions. The general sessions will broadly include:
- How to conduct Wikimedia outreach (workshops, GLAM activities, edit-a-thons)
- Ways to groom new contributors
- Advanced Wikipedia editing and Wikipedia policy and guidelines
Similarly, the MediaWiki training will include:
- MediaWiki - installation, analysis, understanding
- Working with MediaWiki
- How bots work on Wikimedia projects with an emphasis on pywikibot
- Bug triage, bug life cycle, raising a bug, fixing a bug
- General overview of FOSS, Openness, social media, Copyright, Creative Commons
We are looking forward to nominate yourself or nominate any other member of your community to participate in this event. We will be selecting the participants based on the community recommendation. We are looking forward to hearing your inputs on the program design and anything in particular that you would like to see.
Please note that the Wikimedians who have not attended the previous iterations of this training will be given more preference.
You can learn more about the event here.
IMPORTANT: Admin activity review[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Hello. A policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc. ) was adopted by global community consensus in 2013. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on all Wikimedia Foundation wikis with no inactivity policy. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the admin activity review.
We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for more than 2 years):
- Chaipau (last edit: 2013-03-19 · last log action: 2013-02-01)
These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.
However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the stewards on Meta-Wiki so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thanks, --MarcoAurelio (talk) 09:01, 18 মে' 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
- I agree to be removed from admin duties. I am, unfortunately, unable to devote much time to this wonderfully growing Wikipedia. I wish it all the success it deserves. I wish the current editors my heartfelt congratulations! চাইপাও 20:24, 18 মে' 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
CIS-A2K April 2016 Newsletter[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
CIS-A2K has published their April 2016 newsletter. The edition includes details about these topics:
- Edit-a-thon organised at Christ University, Bangalore to celebrate Women’s Day;
- Celebrating the 13th anniversary of Kannada Wikipedia;
- Odia-language Women’s History Month edit-a-thons;
- Upcoming 14th birth anniversary of Odia Wikipedia;
Train-the-Trainer 2016: Event details and invitation to apply[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Greetings from CIS-A2K,
It gives us great pleasure to inform that the Train-the-Trainer 2016 programme organised by CIS-A2K is going to be held from 15-17 June, Bangalore.
Train-the-Trainer programme was conceptualised in order to bridge the gap between wiki volunteers/enthusiasts who would like to conduct off reach activities and have been discouraged due to non availability of resources and support. The three day residential event will include presentations by the participants regarding a plan to improve their wiki-projects, expert sessions about conducting effective outreach activities, best practices from the global wiki communities, revised grant structure of WMF, activities to understand WMF strategy and vision, understanding global metrics and coming up with a concrete plan by participants in association with A2K to improve their wiki-projects.
A2K invites Wikimedians to apply for this programme. Participants will be selected based on their on wiki and off wiki activities and their responses to the questions asked in the Google form. Selected participants are required to finish pre-work assigned to them without fail. Please fill the Google form given below and write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Apologies, the dates for Train-the-Trainer 2016 have slightly been changed (we have made changes in the message above), the event will be held on 15-17 June 2016 in Bangalore.
- CIS-A2K would like to groom new leadership and sustain existing initiatives in the community. In order to fulfil this objectives, preference will be given to Wikimedians who are applying for the first time.Please fill this form if you have not done yet. Please keep on checking the event page for further updates or contact email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or me at email@example.com --Titodutta (talk) 09:18, 25 মে' 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Train-the-Trainer 2016 updates[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Greetings from CIS-A2K,
List of selected participants for Train-the-Trainer 2016 has been published here.
Following criteria were followed while making the selection:
- On Wiki and Off Wiki participation and contribution.
- Not more than two participants from a language community.
- Application form
- First time participants were given preference over Wikimedians who have already participated.
Due to the incredibly large number of applications that we received it would be difficult for us to write to all applicants individually. Please write to us if there are any queries. --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:25, 5 June 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Wikipedia to the Moon: voting has begun[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Hello, after six weeks of community discussion about Wikipedia to the Moon, there are now 10 different proposals for content for the mission. Starting today, you can vote for them on Meta-Wiki, and decide what we will work on: a Wikipedia canon, different lists, the Moon in 300 languages, an astronomy editathon, featured articles, articles about technology, endangered things, or DNA-related topics. You can even vote against community involvement. Voting is open until 24 June. Sorry that this message is again in English only, but we are using village pumps to reach as many communities as possible, so that everyone knows they can vote. Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 15:31, 10 June 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
WikiConference India 2016 Survey[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Greetings from Wiki Conference India 2016 Team. Sorry for writing in English. Please feel free to translate the message in your language to help other community members.
Everyone is requested to participate in this short survey to help us learn more about WikiConference India 2016 participants' capabilities, needs, interests and expectations regarding conference programs.
How we’ll use this data: We will collect responses to assess whether and what type of conference programs would be most beneficial for the Wikimedia community in India. Individual responses or comments will not be made publicly available unless in anonymized or aggregate form.
WikiConference India Team |}
Wiki Loves Earth India 2016[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Greetings from Wikimedia India
Wiki Loves Earth (WLE) is an international photography competition on Wikimedia Commons for use on Wikipedia and other project websites of the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikimedia India is running this competition in India. We are delighted to share our early success, within 15 days we have received more than 15000 images, averaging a thousand images per-day. Some of the images received have helped us improve the picture quality of India’s flora and fauna, which are then being shared on Wikipedia and its sister projects.
India’s natural diversity remains incredible your support and suggestions would help us record images of India’s unique eco-systems. We seek your support to make this event reach new heights. India has a vibrant photography community and we hope to significantly increase Indian Natural heritage related photographs on Commons through this contest campaign.
We seek your community support in spreading awareness about this competition amongst your family and friends who aren’t Wikimedia’s, contribution yourself and at last using images for your respective languages to build Wikipedia and its sister projects richer and exemplified.
Please find more details on this link: Wiki Loves Earth 2016 in India.
For any doubts, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you may follow us on Facebook here. -- User:Abhinav619 via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:34, 18 June 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
WikiConference India 2016 - Call for papers/abstracts[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Compact Links coming soon to this wiki[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Please help translate to your language
Hello, I wanted to give a heads up about an upcoming feature for this wiki, which you may already seen in the latest issue of Tech News. Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). This will be enabled as a feature in the coming week for all users, which can be turned on or off using a preference setting. We look forward to your feedback and please do let us know if you have any questions. Details about Compact Language Links can be read in the project documentation.
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk) 14:01, 24 June 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Please help translate to your language
Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). Based on several factors, this shorter list of languages is expected to be more relevant for them and valuable for finding similar content in a language known to them. More information about compact language links can be found in the documentation.
From today onwards, compact language links has been enabled as the default listing of interlanguage links on this wiki. However, using the button at the bottom, you will be able to see a longer list of all the languages the article has been written in. The setting for this compact list can be changed by using the checkbox under User Preferences -> Appearance -> Languages
The compact language links feature has been tested extensively by the Wikimedia Language team, which developed it. However, in case there are any problems or other feedback please let us know on the project talk page. It is to be noted that on some wikis the presence of an existing older gadget that was used for a similar purpose may cause an interference for compact language list. We would like to bring this to the attention of the admins of this wiki. Full details are on this phabricator ticket (in English).
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-04:21, 28 June 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Three weeks ago, you were invited to vote on how to take Wikipedia articles to the Moon. Community voting is over and the winning idea is to send all ‘’featured articles and lists’’ to the Moon. This decision means that, starting today, Wikipedians from all language communities are warmly invited to intensively work on their best articles and lists, and submit them to Wikipedia to the Moon. The central site to coordinate between communities will be Meta-Wiki. You will find an overview and more information there. Hopefully, we will be able to represent as many languages as possible, to show Wikipedia’s diversity. Please feel kindly invited to edit on behalf of your community and tell us about your work on featured content!
Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 14:10, 1 July 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Punjab Edit-a-thon : WikiConference India 2016[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
২০১৬ ভাৰত ৱিকি সন্মিলন[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
অহা ৫, ৬ আৰু ৭ আগষ্ট, ২০১৬ তাৰিখে চন্ডীগৰত ভাৰতীয় ভাষাৰ ৱিকিপিডিয়া সংগঠনৰ সৌজন্যত "২০১৬ ভাৰত ৱিকি সন্মিলন" নামেৰে এক সৰ্বভাৰতীয় ৱিকিসন্মিলনৰ আয়োজন কৰিছে। মোকো তালৈ নিমন্ত্ৰণ কৰা হৈছে। এৰাব নোৱাৰা সমস্যাত নপৰিলে যাম বুলিয়েই ভাবিছোঁ।
সন্মিলনৰ বিষয়ে বিষদভাৱে এই লিংকত দিয়া হৈছে।
মই ইয়াত মুখ্যতঃ তলত দিয়া উদ্দেশ্যখিনি পুৰণ কৰিব পাৰিম বুলি আশা ৰাখিছোঁ।
- সদস্যসকলক অসমীয়া ৱিকিপিডিয়া আৰু ৱিকিচ'ৰ্চত চলি থকা কাম কাজৰ আভাস দিয়া।
- অসমীয়া ৱিকিপিডিয়াৰ উদাহৰণেৰে সৰু ৱিকি কমিউনিটিৰ বাবে অফ লাইন সংগঠনৰ গুৰুত্ব বৰ্ণনা কৰা।
- অন্যান্য ভাৰতীয় ভাষাৰ ৱিকিপিডিয়ান সকলক লগ ধৰি তেওঁলোকৰ অভিজ্ঞতাৰ বিষয়ে জানি তেওঁলোকৰ সফল প্ৰয়াসখিনি অসমীয়া ৱিকিপিডিয়াৰ ক্ষেত্ৰত কেনেদৰে প্ৰয়োগ কৰিব পাৰি সেই বিষয়ে বিবেচনা কৰা।
- মেডিয়াৱিকি চফ্টৱেৰৰ বিষয়ে শিকা।
আপোনাৰ তৰফৰ পৰা কিবা থাকিলে যোগ কৰক, কিন্ত তাকৰীয়া সময়ৰ কথা মনত ৰাখে যেন। নিজৰো মতামত দিবলৈ নাপাহৰিব। লগতে অসমীয়া ৱিকিৰ কিবা তথ্য থাকিলে সেয়াও যোগ দিয়ক।
CIS-A2K Newsletter : May and June[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
CIS-A2K has published their consolidated newsletter for the months of May and June, 2016. The edition includes details about these topics:
- Train-the-trainer and MediaWiki training for Indian language Wikimedians
- Wikimedia Community celebrates birthdays of Odia Wikipedia, Odia Wiktionary and Punjabi Wikipedia
- Programme reports of outreach, education programmes and community engagement programmes
- Event announcements and press releases
- Upcoming events (WikiConference India 2016)
- Articles and blogs, and media coverage
Please read the complete newsletter here.
If you want to subscribe/unsubscribe this newsletter, click here. -- CIS-A2K (talk) sent using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 04:37, 14 July 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Olympics Edit-a-ton[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Dear Friends & Wikipedians, Celebrate the world's biggest sporting festival on Wikipedia. The Rio Olympics Edit-a-Ton aims to pay tribute to Indian athletes and sportsperson who represent India at Olympics. Please find more details here. Looking forward to your participation. Thank you Abhinav619 sent using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 04:28, 29 July 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Why Rio Olympics 2016 Matters for India[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
While India struggled to win medals, ending its tally with just two medals, there had been some spectacular performances. Abhinav Bindra, Jitu Rai were only marginally short at conceiving medals, while Saina-Bopana reached till the Bronze medal match, Depika Kumari lost to the world's best. At the most, Indian Hockey contingent reached the knock-out stage after so many years.
Let us keep doing our bit, Tokoyo 2020 Olympics would definitely bring more medals to India. The India At Rio Olympics 2016 is still in progress. Let's keep building it. Thank You. --Abhinav619 (sent using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 15:57, 23 August 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.))
The visual editor will be enabled on this wiki in some days[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Hello again. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
As per previous announcements earlier this year, the visual editor (ভিজুৱেলএডিটৰ) will be enabled at this Wikipedia in some days. It allows people to edit articles as if they were using a typical word processor. Here's a quick explanation of what is going to happen: you can find a more detailed one, with pictures, at mediawiki.org.
- What's changing?
- In the new system, you get a single edit tab which follows your preferences, and that therefore will launch the wikitext editor or the visual editor depending on which one you opened the last (Remember my last editor).
This applies to everyone who edited recently, including anonymous users.
- How do I switch to the other editor then?
- Buttons on the toolbars of both editors were added months ago so that you can switch from one to the other every time you want to, without losing your changes and without having to save first.
The button, located on the right side of the toolbar, looks like square brackets ([[ ]]) in the visual editor, and like a pencil () in the wikitext editor.
- Are there other options available?
- Yes. You can choose whether you want:
- Always give me the visual editor if possible (if you temporarily switch to the wikitext editor through the button on the toolbar, the system won't remember it; also, it only applies to namespaces where the visual editor is available).
- Always give me the source editor (if you temporarily switch to the visual editor through the button on the toolbar, the system won't remember it)
- Show me both editor tabs (a system in place at multiple wikis since 2013. You are familiar with this option if you have been using the visual editor here.)
- Please note: all the users will always have the opportunity to switch to the other editor via buttons on the toolbars, for occasional edits.
- How do I set my preference?
- If you want to try or to stay in the new system: you don't need to do anything.
- If you had explicitly disabled the visual editor in the past and want to keep it disabled: you don't need to do anything.
- All the registered users have a dropdown menu in the Editing tab of their Preferences (সম্পাদন --> Editing mode:), where they can choose from. This only needs to be done once. Don't forget to save ;)
- Users with the visual editor disabled need to re-enable it if they're interested in accessing that menu!
- People who use the visual editor regularly will see a pop-up (only once after the single edit tab system is introduced), and they can choose their favorite setting there. Of course, they can change their mind at any time just like the others, and pick a different setting from their Preferences.
- Anonymous users who have used the visual editor recently will also be able to choose which editor they want to edit with.
- Reminder: all the users will always have the opportunity to switch to the other editor via buttons on the toolbars, for occasional edits.
- Final remarks
- Please spread the word about this major change in any way that you deem appropriate for this community, by linking to this announcement elsewhere, putting up a site notice, etc. Please note it will affect all the registered users at first, and after some days it will reach logged-out contributors as well if no major technical issues have arisen. দিব্য দত্ত, Gitartha.bordoloi: given your experience with this language and this community, I appreciate your support in making sure everyone here is aware of this change. Don't hesitate to ask questions, I'll be around for a while to help!
- Please do let us know about any anomalies you think you're experiencing, and do post any other feedback below. I'd like to thank everyone who works to make the transition easier for this community, and whoever will help me processing feedback in your language.
- You can learn more about optimizing the visual editor experience here by reading a guide on mediawiki.org.
- দিব্য দত্ত, Gitartha.bordoloi: fixing the ping, sorry for the confusion. --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 13:15, 24 August 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
CIS-A2K Newsletter: July 2016[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
CIS-A2K has published their newsletter for the months of July 2016. The edition includes details about these topics:
- Event announcement: Tools orientation session for Telugu Wikimedians of Hyderabad
- Programme reports of outreach, education programmes and community engagement programmes
- Ongoing event: India at Rio Olympics 2016 edit-a-thon.
- Program reports: Edit-a-thon to improve Kannada-language science-related Wikipedia articles, Training-the-trainer programme and MediaWiki training at Pune
- Articles and blogs, and media coverage
Wiki Loves Monuments 2016 in India[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Greetings from Wikimedia India! Wiki Loves Monuments in India is an upcoming photo competition, part of the bigger Wiki Loves Monuments 2016. We welcome you all to be part of it, as participants and as volunteers. The aim of the contest is to ask the general public—readers and users of Wikipedia, photographers, hobbyists, etc.—to take pictures of cultural heritage monuments and upload them to Wikimedia Commons for use on Wikipedia and its sister projects. This in turn would lead to creation of new articles along with development of new articles in Indian languages.
The visual editor is now active here[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Hello again. This message is only available in English at this time: Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
As some of you have noticed, this Wikipedia now has the visual editor (ভিজুৱেলএডিটৰ) enabled for all registered users. The rollout to logged-out users will likely happen in a week or so.
For an explanation of how the editing system now works and how to choose/go back to your favorite setting, please see my previous announcement above. If you wish to change your editing system preferences now, this can be done from this link to your Preferences --> সম্পাদন --> Editing mode:.
All edits using the visual editor will be tagged with "ভিজুৱেলএডিট" in recent changes, watchlists, and page histories. To access the User Guide for the visual editor, click on the "(?)" icon in its toolbar.
Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues directly in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on at mw:VisualEditor/Feedback; by all means, feel free to also ping or contact me directly if you prefer. In case of emergency (like an unexpected bug causing widespread problems), please contact James Forrester, the product manager, at email@example.com or on IRC in the #mediawiki-visualeditor channel.
Happy editing! Respectfully, Elitre (WMF) 18:48, 30 August 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
PS: Are you seeing interface messages that are not in this wiki's language? Please fix this by providing translations here. Translations may be also provided for the user guide. Please contact me if you want guidance in contributing translations!
- Just a heads-up that rollout of the visual editor on this wiki is now complete. Please refer to my previous messages for details. You can read the "checklist" that was written to help communities like yours in their process of adapting the visual editor to their customs and needs. Best, Elitre (WMF) 18:28, 6 September 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:56, 12 September 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)