ৱিকিপিডিয়া:ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰা (বিবিধ)
| ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰা (বিবিধ)|
|ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰা: নীতি • ৱিকিমিস্ত্ৰীৰ দোকান • প্ৰস্তাৱসমূহ (সততে উত্থাপিত প্ৰস্তাৱসমূহ) • উদ্ভাৱনশালা • বিবিধ|
|সূচী • প্ৰথম আলোচনা • পৃষ্ঠাৰ শেষলৈ যাওক • নতুন মন্তব্য আৰম্ভ কৰক|
|এই বিবিধ শিতান/বিভাগত ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰাৰ অন্য শিতানত খাপ নোখোৱা আলোচনাৰ বাবে ব্যৱহাৰ কৰিব পাৰে। সাধাৰণ জ্ঞানৰ প্ৰশ্নৰ বাবে reference desk ব্যৱহাৰ কৰক।|
|অনুগ্ৰহ কৰি নতুন বিষয়/আলোচনা যোগ কৰিবলৈ এই পৃষ্ঠাৰ শেষলৈ যাওক।|
|আৰ্কাইভ • আলোচনা • সম্পাদনা • ইতিহাস • প্ৰদৰ্শন|
- 1 Train-the-Trainer 2017: Invitation to participate
- 2 MediaWiki Training 2017: Invitation to participate
- 3 Invitation for Office Hours with WMF's Global Reach team
- 4 Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 5 Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 6 We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)
- 7 Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections
- 8 Read-only mode for 20 to 30 minutes on 19 April and 3 May
- 9 Wikidata description editing in the Wikipedia Android app
- 10 New Page previews feature
- 11 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2017)
- 12 Voting has begun in 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections
- 13 Beta Feature Two Column Edit Conflict View
- 14 Editing News #1—2017
- 15 Prototype for editing Wikidata infoboxes on Wikipedia
- 16 RevisionSlider
- 17 Join the next cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy discussions (underway until June 12)
- 18 New notification when a page is connected to Wikidata
- 19 Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee elections
- 20 CIS-A2K Technical Wishes 2017 Announcement
- 21 Accessible editing buttons
- 22 Page Previews (Hovercards) update
- 23 CIS-A2K Newsletter June 2017
- 24 CIS-A2K Newsletter July 2017
- 25 Wiki Loves Monuments 2017 in India
- 26 Wikidata Workshops in India in September 2017
- 27 Featured Wikimedian [September 2017]
- 28 RfC regarding "Interlinking of accounts involved with paid editing to decrease impersonation"
- 29 Discussion on synced reading lists
- 30 Bhubaneswar Heritage Edit-a-thon 2017
- 31 CIS-A2K Newsletter August September 2017
- 32 Featured Wikimedian [November 2017]
- 33 New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers
Train-the-Trainer 2017: Invitation to participate[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
- Sorry for writing in English, please translate this message to your language, if possible
- Sorry for writing in English, please translate this message to your language, if possible
It gives us great pleasure to inform that the Train-the-Trainer (TTT) 2017 programme organised by CIS-A2K is going to be held from 20-22 February 2017.
What is TTT?
Train the Trainer or TTT is a residential training program. The program attempts to groom leadership skills among the Indian Wikimedia community members. Earlier TTT have been conducted in 2013, 2015 and 2016.
Who should join?
- Any active Wikimedian contributing to any Indic language Wikimedia project is eligible to apply.
- An editor must have 500+ edits.
- Anyone who have already participated in an earlier iteration of TTT, can not apply.
Please see more about this program and apply to participate or encourage the deserving candidates from your community to do so: CIS-A2K/Events/Train the Trainer Program/2017
MediaWiki Training 2017: Invitation to participate[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
We are glad to inform that MediaWiki Training or MWT 2017 is going to be conducted between 24-26 February 2017 at Bangalore.
MWT is a residential training workshop that attempts to groom technical leadership skills among the Indian Wikimedia community members. We invite active Indian Wikimedia community members to participate in this workshop.
Please find details about this event here.
Invitation for Office Hours with WMF's Global Reach team[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
On behalf of Wikimedia Foundation’s Global Reach Team, we would like to invite all the South Asian Wikimedia communities to our office hours to discuss our work in the region.
Date: Thursday, 19th January 2017
Time: 16:00 UTC/21:30 IST
Duration: 1 hour
Google Hangout Location:
If you are not able to join the hangout, you can watch the live stream with a few seconds lag at
- Introduction of Global Reach Team and office hours
- Research around New Readers and our partnership themes
- Feedback for next office hours
We plan to hold these office hours at regular intervals. FYI, office hours for South East Asia and Central Asia/Eastern Europe will be held separately; given the size of communities, we needed to break down the regions.
Please feel free to add your questions, comments, and expectations in the Etherpad document shared above. You can also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for any clarification. Please help us translate and share this invitation in community social media channels to spread the word.
Ravishankar Ayyakkannu, Manager, Strategic Partnerships, Asia, Wikimedia Foundation --16:23, 17 January 2017 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
- We thank everyone for participating in the Office hours with WMF's Global Reach team. Meeting notes can be found here. You can also watch the YouTube recording here.
- --Ravishankar Ayyakkannu, Manager, Strategic Partnerships, Asia, Wikimedia Foundation. 10:08, 1 February 2017 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.
This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.
The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:
- Update 1 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (15 December 2016)
- Introduction to process and information about budget spending resolution to support it
- Update 2 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (23 December 2016)
- Start of search for Lead Architect for movement strategy process
- Update 3 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (8 January 2017)
- Plans for strategy sessions at upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2017
- Update 4 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (11 January 2017)
- Introduction of williamsworks
- Update 5 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 February 2017)
- The core movement strategy team, team tracks being developed, introduction of the Community Process Steering Committee, discussions at WikiIndaba conference 2017 and the Wikimedia movement affiliates executive directors gathering in Switzerland
- Update 6 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (10 February 2017)
- Tracks A & B process prototypes and providing feedback, updates on development of all four Tracks
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
As we mentioned last month, the Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Each month, we are sending overviews of these updates to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a overview of the updates that have been sent since our message last month:
- Update 7 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (16 February 2017)
- Development of documentation for Tracks A & B
- Update 8 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (24 February 2017)
- Introduction of Track Leads for all four audience tracks
- Update 9 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 March 2017)
- Seeking feedback on documents being used to help facilitate upcoming community discussions
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
05:09, 18 March 2017 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Please accept our apologies for cross-posting this message. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, I am pleased to announce that self-nominations are being accepted for the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Elections.
The Board of Trustees (Board) is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long-term sustainability of the Wikimedia Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. More information about this role can be found on Meta-Wiki. Please read the letter from the Board of Trustees calling for candidates.
The candidacy submission phase will last from April 7 (00:00 UTC) to April 20 (23:59 UTC).
We will also be accepting questions to ask the candidates from April 7 to April 20. You can submit your questions on Meta-Wiki.
Once the questions submission period has ended on April 20, the Elections Committee will then collate the questions for the candidates to respond to beginning on April 21.
The goal of this process is to fill the three community-selected seats on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. The election results will be used by the Board itself to select its new members.
The full schedule for the Board elections is as follows. All dates are inclusive, that is, from the beginning of the first day (UTC) to the end of the last.
- April 7 (00:00 UTC) – April 20 (23:59 UTC) – Board nominations
- April 7 – April 20 – Board candidates questions submission period
- April 21 – April 30 – Board candidates answer questions
- May 1 – May 14 – Board voting period
- May 15–19 – Board vote checking
- May 20 – Board result announcement goal
In addition to the Board elections, we will also soon be holding elections for the following roles:
- Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
- There are five positions being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
- Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson (Ombuds)
- One position is being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
Please note that this year the Board of Trustees elections will be held before the FDC and Ombuds elections. Candidates who are not elected to the Board are explicitly permitted and encouraged to submit themselves as candidates to the FDC or Ombuds positions after the results of the Board elections are announced.
More information on this year's elections can be found on Meta-Wiki. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the election talk page on Meta-Wiki, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-electionswikimedia.org.MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, 03:36, 7 april 2017 (ইউ.টি.চি.) • Please help translate to your language • Get help
Read-only mode for 20 to 30 minutes on 19 April and 3 May[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Wikidata description editing in the Wikipedia Android app[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Wikidata description editing is a new experiment being rolled out on the Wikipedia app for Android. While this primarily impacts Wikidata, the changes are also addressing a concern about the mobile versions of Wikipedia, so that mobile users will be able to edit directly the descriptions shown under the title of the page and in the search results.
We began by rolling out this feature several weeks ago to a pilot group of Wikipedias (Russian, Hebrew, and Catalan), and have seen very positive results including numerous quality contributions in the form of new and updated descriptions, and a low rate of vandalism.
We are now ready for the next phase of rolling out this feature, which is to enable it in a few days for all Wikipedias except the top ten by usage within the app (i.e. except English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Turkish, and Chinese). We will enable the feature for those languages instead at some point in the future, as we closely monitor user engagement with our expanded set of pilot communities. As always, if have any concerns, please reach out to us on wiki at the talk page for this project or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
-DBrant (WMF) 08:41, 14 april 2017 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
New Page previews feature[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2017)[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- American Psychiatric Association – Psychiatry books and journals
- Bloomsbury – Who's Who, Drama Online, Berg Fashion Library, and Whitaker's
- Gaudeamus – Finnish humanities and social sciences
- Ympäristö-lehti – The Finnish Environment Institute's Ympäristö-lehti magazine
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 18:52, 2 মে' 2017 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
19:14, 3 মে' 2017 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Beta Feature Two Column Edit Conflict View[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:29, 8 মে' 2017 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Editing News #1—2017[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
18:05, 12 মে' 2017 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Prototype for editing Wikidata infoboxes on Wikipedia[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
I’m sorry for writing in English. It’d be great if someone could translate this message if necessary.
One of the most requested features for Wikidata is to enable editing of Wikidata’s data directly from Wikipedia, so the editors can continue their workflow without switching websites.
The Wikidata development team has been working on a tool to achieve this goal: fill and edit the Wikipedia infoboxes with information from Wikidata, directly on Wikipedia, via the Visual Editor.
We already asked for feedback in 2015, and collected some interesting ideas which we shared with you in this thesis. Now we would like to present to you our first prototype and collect your feedback, in order to improve and continue the development of this feature.
We present this work to you very early, so we can include your feedback before and all along the development. You are the core users of this feature, so we want to make sure that it fits your needs and editing processes.
You will find the prototype, description of the features, and a demo video, on this page. Feel free to add any comment or feedback on the talk page. The page is currently not translated in every languages, but you can add your contribution by helping to translate it.
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to follow all the discussions on Wikipedia, so if you want to be sure that your feedback is read, please add it on the Wikidata page, in your favorite language. Thanks for your understanding.
Thanks, Lea Lacroix (WMDE)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:39, 16 মে' 2017 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Join the next cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy discussions (underway until June 12)[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
21:09, 16 মে' 2017 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
New notification when a page is connected to Wikidata[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
(Please help translate to your language)
The Wikidata development team is about to deploy a new feature on all Wikipedias. It is a new type of notification (via Echo, the notification system you see at the top right of your wiki when you are logged in), that will inform the creator of a page, when this page is connected to a Wikidata item.
You may know that Wikidata provides a centralized system for all the interwikilinks. When a new page is created, it should be connected to the corresponding Wikidata item, by modifying this Wikidata item. With this new notification, editors creating pages will be informed when another editor connects this page to Wikidata.
This feature will be deployed on May 30th on all the Wikipedias, excepting English, French and German. This feature will be disable by default for existing editors, and enabled by default for new editors.
This is the first step of the deployments, the Wikipedias and other Wikimedia projects will follow in the next months.
If you have any question, suggestion, please let me know by pinging me. You can also follow and leave a comment on the Phabricator ticket.
Thanks go to Matěj Suchánek who developed this feature!
21:06, 23 মে' 2017 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
CIS-A2K Technical Wishes 2017 Announcement[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
- Sorry for posting this message in English, please feel free to translate the message
Greetings from CIS-A2K!
CIS-A2K is happy to announce the Technical Wishes Project beginning July 2017. We now welcome requests from Indic language communities on our Technical Request page. This project, inspired by WMDE, is an effort to document and hopefully resolve the technical issues that have long plagued Indian Wikimedians. For more details, please check our Technical Requests page. Please feel free to ask questions or contact us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Regards. --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:06, 1 July 2017 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Page Previews (Hovercards) update[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
CIS-A2K Newsletter June 2017[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
CIS-A2K has published their newsletter for the months of June 2017. The edition includes details about these topics:
- Wikidata Workshop: South India
- Tallapaka Pada Sahityam is now on Wikisource
- Thematic Edit-a-thon at Yashawantrao Chavan Institute of Science, Satara
- Asian Athletics Championships 2017 Edit-a-thon
If you want to subscribe/unsubscribe this newsletter, click here. --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 04:01, 5 August 2017 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
CIS-A2K Newsletter July 2017[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
CIS-A2K has published their newsletter for the months of July 2017. The edition includes details about these topics:
- Telugu Wikisource Workshop
- Marathi Wikipedia Workshop in Sangli, Maharashtra
- Tallapaka Pada Sahityam is now on Wikisource
- Wikipedia Workshop on Template Creation and Modification Conducted in Bengaluru
Wiki Loves Monuments 2017 in India[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Greetings from Wikimedia India! Wiki Loves Monuments in India is an upcoming photo competition, part of the bigger Wiki Loves Monuments 2017. We welcome you all to be part of it, as participants and as volunteers. The aim of the contest is to ask the general public—readers and users of Wikipedia, photographers, hobbyists, etc.—to take pictures of cultural heritage monuments and upload them to Wikimedia Commons for use on Wikipedia and its sister projects. This in turn would lead to creation of new articles along with development of new articles in Indian languages.
Wikidata Workshops in India in September 2017[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
- Apologies for writing the message in English. Please feel free to translate the message to your language.
We are glad to inform you that Asaf Bartov will visit India in the month of September, and will be conducting local workshops on Wikidata and other recent technologies and tools. You might be aware that Asaf is a promoter and trainer of Wikidata, and before and during this year's Wikimania, Indic Wikimedians from two communities requested Asaf to visit India to conduct more Wikidata workshops.
The workshop would include extensive Wikidata training, from absolute beginner level through querying and embedding Wikidata in Wikipedia (incl. infoboxes), as well as a general tools demonstration, including Quarry. Additionally, time would be made for general Q&A ("ask me anything") to let people use the opportunity to directly ask a WMF representative anything that they have on their mind.
Asaf would come to India on 29 August. Please see the detailed plan here. Please contact here or write to Asaf if you have any question. Regards. -- Titodutta, sent using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:37, 25 August 2017 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Featured Wikimedian [September 2017][সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Swapnil Karambelkar is one of the most active Wikimedians from the Hindi community. Swapnil hails from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, and by profession a Mechanical Engineering, who runs his own firm based on factory automation and education. Swapnil joined Wikipedia in August 2016, through "Wiki Loves Monuments". He initially started off with uploading images to Commons and then moved onto Hindi Wikipedia, contributing to culture and military topics. He also contributes to Hindi Wikibooks and Wikiversity. Soon after, he got extensively involved in various outreach activities. He co-organized "Hindi Wiki Conference" in January 2017, at Bhopal. He delivered various lectures on Wikimedia movement in various institutions like Atal Bihari Hindi University, Sanskrit Sansthanam and NIT Bhopal. Along with Suyash Dwivedi, Swapnil co-organized the first ever regular GLAM project in India at National Museum of Natural Heritage, Bhopal. Swapnil is an account creator on Hindi Wikipedia and is an admin on the beta version on Wikiversity. Swapnil has been instrumental in establishing the first Indic language version of Wikiversity, the Hindi Wikiversity. As asked regarding his motivation to contribute to the Wikimedia movement, Swapnil says, "It is the realization that though there is abundance of knowledge around us, but it is yet untapped and not documented".
There is currently a RfC open on Meta regarding "requiring those involved with paid editing on Wikipedia to link on their user page to all other active accounts through which they advertise paid Wikipedia editing business."
Note this is to apply to Wikipedia and not necessarily other sister projects, this is only to apply to websites where people are specifically advertising that they will edit Wikipedia for pay and not any other personal, professional, or social media accounts a person may have.
Discussion on synced reading lists[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Bhubaneswar Heritage Edit-a-thon 2017[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
The Odia Wikimedia Community and CIS-A2K are happy to announce the "Bhubaneswar Heritage Edit-a-thon" between 12 October and 10 November 2017
This Bhubaneswar Heritage Edit-a-thon aims to create, expand, and improve articles related to monuments in the Indian city of Bhubaneswar.
Please see the event page here.
We invite you to participate in this edit-a-thon, please add your name to this list here.
You can find more details about the edit-a-thon and the list of articles to be improved here: here.
CIS-A2K Newsletter August September 2017[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
CIS-A2K has published their newsletter for the months of August and September 2017. Please find below details of our August and September newsletters:
August was a busy month with events across our Marathi and Kannada Focus Language Areas.
- Workshop on Wikimedia Projects at Ismailsaheb Mulla Law College, Satara
- Marathi Wikipedia Edit-a-thon at Dalit Mahila Vikas Mandal
- Marathi Wikipedia Workshop at MGM Trust's College of Journalism and Mass Communication, Aurangabad
- Orientation Program at Kannada University, Hampi
Please read our Meta newsletter here.
September consisted of Marathi language workshop as well as an online policy discussion on Telugu Wikipedia.
- Marathi Wikipedia Workshop at Solapur University
- Discussion on Creation of Social Media Guidelines & Strategy for Telugu Wikimedia
Featured Wikimedian [November 2017][সম্পাদনা কৰক]
On behalf of Wikimedia India, I hereby announce the Featured Wikimedian for November 2017.
is one of the top contributors from the Tamil Wikimedia community. Though he started contributing since 2009, he was quite active after his participation in WikiConference India 2011. Initially he started contributing to Tamil Wikipedia, but was later attracted towards Tamil Wikisource, Tamil Wikitionary, and Wikidata. His global contributions count to whooping 2,50,000 edits. He is an admin on Tamil Wikitionary.
After his interaction with Mr. Loganathan (), Balaji was very much motivated to contribute to Wikimedia projects. He says, "When I was editing in Tamil Wikipedia, I used to translate science articles from English to Tamil. But faced problem in finding equivalent Tamil words. The English to Tamil dictionaries were inadequate. Hence I felt the need to work in the Tamil Wikitionary. After a while there was a collaboration with Tamil Wikisource and Tamil Nadu Government through Tamil Virtual University through 2000 CC0 books were uploaded".
As an active contributor to Wikidata, he says that the vision of Wikimedia movement is, "Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge", but with Wikidata we can make it, "Imagine a world in which every single human being and every single machine can freely share in the sum of all knowledge". Apart from regular contributions, he also created templates to Tamil Wikimedia projects, and also maintains.
Balaji hails from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, and is a post-graduate is Physics. He currently works as a Senior Geophysicist in Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC).
Any editor can propose a fellow to be a Featured Wikimedia at: http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Featured_Wikimedian/Nominations