ৱিকিপিডিয়া:ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰা (বিবিধ)
| ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰা (বিবিধ) This box:|
|ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰা: নীতি • ৱিকিমিস্ত্ৰীৰ দোকান • প্ৰস্তাৱসমূহ (সততে উত্থাপিত প্ৰস্তাৱসমূহ) • উদ্ভাৱনশালা • বিবিধ|
|সূচী • প্ৰথম আলোচনা • পৃষ্ঠাৰ শেষলৈ যাওক • নতুন মন্তব্য আৰম্ভ কৰক|
|এই বিবিধ শিতান/বিভাগত ৰাইজৰ চ'ৰাৰ অন্য শিতানত খাপ নোখোৱা আলোচনাৰ বাবে ব্যৱহাৰ কৰিব পাৰে। সাধাৰণ জ্ঞানৰ প্ৰশ্নৰ বাবে reference desk ব্যৱহাৰ কৰক।|
|অনুগ্ৰহ কৰি নতুন বিষয়/আলোচনা যোগ কৰিবলৈ এই পৃষ্ঠাৰ শেষলৈ যাওক।|
|আৰ্কাইভ • আলোচনা • সম্পাদনা • ইতিহাস • প্ৰদৰ্শন|
- 1 Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon!
- 2 Geographical Indications in India Edit-a-thon
- 3 2016 WMF Strategy consultation
- 4 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (December 2015)
- 5 Assamese is missing
- 6 The visual editor is coming to this wiki
- 7 Reminder: the visual editor is coming to this wiki soon
- 8 Completion suggestor
- 9 Updates to wiki search auto completion are arriving 10 March
- 10 Server switch 2016
- 11 Wikipedia to the Moon
- 12 GI edit-a-thon 2016 updates
- 13 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)
- 14 CIS-A2K Newsletter 2016 March
- 15 WikiConference India 2016 update
- 16 Apply for WikiConference India 2016 scholarships
- 17 Train-the-Trainer and MediaWiki Training: Capacity building initiatives for the Wikimedia community
- 18 IMPORTANT: Admin activity review
Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon![সম্পাদনা কৰক]
- Please help translate to your language
A reminder - applications for scholarships for Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy, are closing soon! Please get your applications in by January 9th. To apply, visit the page below:
Geographical Indications in India Edit-a-thon[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
CIS-A2K is going to organize an edit-a-thon between 25 and 31 January this year. The aim of this edit-a-thon is creating an improving Geographical Indications in India related articles.
We welcome all of you to join this edit-a-thon.
Please see the event and add your name as a participant: meta:CIS-A2K/Events/Geographical_Indications_in_India_Edit-a-thon
2016 WMF Strategy consultation[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
- Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)
Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.
Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)
If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to email@example.com.
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (December 2015)[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for, free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Gale - multidisciplinary periodicals, newspapers, and reference sources - 10 accounts
- Brill - academic e-books and journals in English, Dutch, and other languages - 25 accounts
- Finnish Literature Society (in Finnish)
- Magiran (in Farsi) - scientific journal articles - 100 articles
- Civilica (in Farsi) - Iranian journal articles, seminars, and conferences - 50 accounts
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including EBSCO, DeGruyter, and Newspaperarchive.com. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 01:01, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
Assamese is missing[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Assamese is missing from this page:
Thank you, Varlaam (talk) 22:38, 20 January 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
The visual editor is coming to this wiki[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Hello. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
My name is Erica, and I am a Community Liaison at the Wikimedia Foundation. I'm here to let you know that the visual editor is coming to editors at this Wikipedia soon. It allows people to edit Wikipedia articles as if they were using word processing software.
You don't have to wait until the deployment to test it; you can test the visual editor right now. To turn it on, select "বিটা" in your preferences. Choose "ভিজুৱেলএডিটৰ" and click save. When it is enabled, you will press the "সম্পাদনা" button to edit an article in the new software. To use the wikitext editor, you can press "উৎস সম্পাদনা".
After the deployment, everyone will automatically have the option to use either the visual editor or the current wikitext editor. For more information about how to use the visual editor, see mw:Help:VisualEditor/User guide.
More information about preparing for the visual editor is posted here.
- It's easier to add templates if you've added TemplateData information.
- Please help translate the user interface and pages about the visual editor. See the visual editor's TranslationCentral for general information. To translate the user guide, go to the MediaWiki.org page, and select "এই পৃষ্ঠা ভাঙনি কৰক". Your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've done this, you'll see the document in English, side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or change old translations. To translate the user interface, you need to create an account at translatewiki.net. Contact me personally if you need help with that.
- Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. If you notice major issues affecting your project, please leave a note on my talk page.
Reminder: the visual editor is coming to this wiki soon[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Hello again. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
This is a reminder that the visual editor is coming to all editors at this Wikipedia soon. As of this writing, the team is not aware of any issues specific to this language that should prevent the new software to be deployed here; therefore, please do let us know if you find any problems instead. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. There is a short guide at mediawiki.org that you can follow (as if it was a "checklist") to learn about the community work necessary to adapt the visual editor, and its referencing system in particular, to your community's needs.
If you can translate from English into this wiki's language, or know anyone who can, please follow the links below; just a little effort is required to make this language progress toward translations' completion! You'll help your community get the best possible experience when it comes to interface messages and documentation related to the visual editor. After you click on any links, your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. The interface is hosted at https://translatewiki.net; you'll need an account if you never translated there before. The other pages are at Mediawiki.org, for which you can use your regular Wikipedia account. You're welcome to contact me personally whenever you need help.
Completion suggestor[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Server switch 2016[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its newest data center in Dallas. This will make sure Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to conduct a planned test. This test will show whether they can reliably switch from one data center to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic to the new data center on Tuesday, 19 April.
On Thursday, 21 April, they will switch back to the primary data center.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop during those two switches. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes on Tuesday, 19 April and Thursday, 21 April, starting at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT).
If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped.
Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be a code freeze for the week of 18 April.
No non-essential code deployments will take place.
This test was originally planned to take place on March 22. April 19th and 21st are the new dates. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org. They will post any changes on that schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 21:07, 17 april 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
Wikipedia to the Moon[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Hello! Sorry that this is in English only, but we are using village pump messaging in order to reach as many language communities as possible. Wrong page? Please fix it here.
This is an invitation to all Wikipedians: Wikimedia Deutschland has been given data space to include Wikipedia content in an upcoming mission to the Moon. (No joke!) We have launched a community discussion about how to do that, because we feel that this is for the global community of editors. Please, join the discussion on Meta-Wiki (and translate this invitation to your language community)! Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 15:35, 21 april 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
GI edit-a-thon 2016 updates[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Geographical Indications in India Edit-a-thon 2016 has started, if you have not signed up still, please consider joining now.
Here are a few updates:
- More than 80 Wikipedians have joined this edit-a-thon
- More than 20 articles have been created/expanded already (this may not be the exact number, see "Ideas" section #1 below)
- Infobox geographical indication has been started on English Wikipedia. You may help to create a similar template for on your Wikipedia.
- Become GI edit-a-thon language ambassador
If you are an experienced editor, become an ambassador. Ambassadors are community representatives and they will review articles created during this edit-a-thon, and perform a few other administrative tasks.
- Translate the Meta event page
- Please report the articles you are creating or expanding here. It'll be difficult for us to count or review articles unless you report it.
- These articles may also be created or expanded:
- Geographical indication (en:Geographical indication)
- List of Geographical Indications in India (en:List of Geographical Indications in India)
- Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999 (en:Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999)
See more ideas and share your own here.
- Further updates
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Apologies for writing in English. Please help translate to your language
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for access to research materials from:
- Cambridge University Press - a major publisher of academic journals and e-books in a variety of subject areas. Access includes both Cambridge Journals Online and Cambridge Books. 25 accounts.
- Alexander Street Academic Video Online - a large academic video collection good for a wide range of subjects, including news programs (such as PBS and BBC), music and theatre, lectures and demonstrations, and documentaries. 25 accounts.
- Baylor University Press - a publisher of academic e-books primarily in religious studies and the humanities. 50 accounts.
- Future Science Group - a publisher of medical, biotechnological and scientific research. 30 accounts.
- Annual Reviews - a publisher of review articles in the biomedical sciences. 100 accounts.
- Miramar Ship Index - an index to ships and their histories since the early 19th century. 30 accounts.
- Noormags - Farsi-language aggregator of academic and professional journals and magazines. 30 accounts.
- Kotobna - Arabic-language ebook publishing platform. 20 accounts.
- Gale - aggregator of newspapers, magazines and journals. 50 accounts.
- Elsevier ScienceDirect - an academic publishing company that publishes medical and scientific literature. 100 accounts.
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Project MUSE, De Gruyter, EBSCO, Newspapers.com and British Newspaper Archive. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 20:30, 17 March 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
CIS-A2K Newsletter 2016 March[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
CIS-A2K has published their March 2016 newsletter. The edition includes details about these topics:
- CIS-A2K's work-plan for the year 2016-2017
- National-level Wikipedia Education Program review workshop conducted in Bangalore in mid-January;
- BHASHA-Indian Languages Digital Festival event and CIS-A2K's participation;
- A learning pattern describing the importance of storytelling over demonstration in a Wikipedia outreach;
WikiConference India 2016 update[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Apply for WikiConference India 2016 scholarships[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Train-the-Trainer and MediaWiki Training: Capacity building initiatives for the Wikimedia community[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Like the previous years  CIS-A2K is planning for a capacity building activity for the Indic-language Wikimedia communities this year. This 3-4 day event, that is planned to be organized in Bengaluru, will include several parallel training sessions. The general sessions will broadly include:
- How to conduct Wikimedia outreach (workshops, GLAM activities, edit-a-thons)
- Ways to groom new contributors
- Advanced Wikipedia editing and Wikipedia policy and guidelines
Similarly, the MediaWiki training will include:
- MediaWiki - installation, analysis, understanding
- Working with MediaWiki
- How bots work on Wikimedia projects with an emphasis on pywikibot
- Bug triage, bug life cycle, raising a bug, fixing a bug
- General overview of FOSS, Openness, social media, Copyright, Creative Commons
We are looking forward to nominate yourself or nominate any other member of your community to participate in this event. We will be selecting the participants based on the community recommendation. We are looking forward to hearing your inputs on the program design and anything in particular that you would like to see.
Please note that the Wikimedians who have not attended the previous iterations of this training will be given more preference.
You can learn more about the event here.
IMPORTANT: Admin activity review[সম্পাদনা কৰক]
Hello. A policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc. ) was adopted by global community consensus in 2013. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on all Wikimedia Foundation wikis with no inactivity policy. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the admin activity review.
We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for more than 2 years):
- Chaipau (last edit: 2013-03-19 · last log action: 2013-02-01)
These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.
However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the stewards on Meta-Wiki so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thanks, --MarcoAurelio (talk) 09:01, 18 মে' 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)
- I agree to be removed from admin duties. I am, unfortunately, unable to devote much time to this wonderfully growing Wikipedia. I wish it all the success it deserves. I wish the current editors my heartfelt congratulations! চাইপাও 20:24, 18 মে' 2016 (ইউ.টি.চি.)